Monday 12 June 2017

Maui Fever

Oh man. It's been a minute since I last blogged! School and work have been keeping me busy, but my husband and I were able to get away to Maui in April for the most wonderful family vacation. I had never been to Maui (or Hawaii) before, but I left with a deep love of the tropical scenery and laid back island vibes. I was crazy inspired by all the lush greenery and bright flowers - it really re-ignited my passion for photography. I was really feelin' the porch of the beach house we rented and I knew I had to shoot a blog post out on it. It had a jungle-esque vibe so I reached for my khaki skirt to start. I love pairing khaki with my striped button up so that was an obvious choice for me - the lightweight cotton did great in the heat and kept my arms and shoulders free from sunburns. I paired the look with a simple pair of flat, black sandals for comfort and ease. The fringed, black and white clutch was the perfect accessory - it was fun and detailed but still had an earthy texture. I wore this outfit out to breakfast with the family where I enjoyed my 50 millionth smoothie bowl of the trip. Haha. Just writing about it makes me wanna go back sooooo bad! I'm hooked. I might have to do another blog post featuring the rest of my Maui pics just to relive the memories. Thoughts? Would you like to see more pics from my trip? Lemme know in the comments below :)











Skirt: H&M (similar) // Button-up: Smart Set (similar) // Sandals: Forever21 (similar) (also cute) // Clutch: Mango (cute) // Sunglasses: Can't remember (cute) (also cute) // Necklace: Sam Moon (similar) // Ring: Stella & Dot

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite look by far. I love the simplicity and how put together the outfit looks. Great setting; it really ties the whole thing together. I hope you enjoyed Maui!

    ReplyDelete