Saturday 16 September 2017

Champagne and Rock & Roll.

I sat down to do some homework, so naturally my thoughts wondered to things I would rather be doing...like drinking mimosas. I wore the look below to the most fabulous brunch. It was fabulous, not just because of the mimosas, but because my sister and her family surprised my husband and I - coming all the way from Texas! Combine that with my hair and outfit being on point, and you have the makings of a wonderful day :) But back to the outfit. As I experiment with fashion, and different looks, I believe I am getting closer and closer to defining my own style. This outfit is definitely something that resonates with my consistent love of mixing styles and vibes. I scored this Marciano pencil skirt at a local thrift store. I was drawn to the print (ginhgam, so hot for spring/summer 2017) and the classic shape. It totally appeals to the preppy little part of my fashion heart. The structured print and shape of the skirt begged me to pair it with something...wilder(?) like a vintage band T. The red in the lips of the shirt was the perfect accent to this classic colour palette but the print made it so fun! Add some more fun accessories in the form of canvas runners and an emoji sprinkled, sporty clutch and you pretty much have 'me' represented in one outfit. Red lipstick...just made sense - it's a classic colour but  when you combine it with a slightly smoky, bronzy eye, you get a totally different vibe.  It was also a cute way to echo the print on the shirt and the lip pin emoji.  I hope that this post sparked some inspo to mix it up with your next brunch outfit - now let's go get a mimosa! Cheers :)












Skirt: Thrifted (this is cute). Tank top: Sirens (also cute). Shoes: Converse. Purse: Chapters Indigo (this alternative is so cute, I might need it too) (if you don't wanna buy the pins separately). Pins: Ardene's (so.many.pins). Glasses: Unkown (also cute). 

No comments:

Post a Comment