Friday 2 October 2015

Fall Trends 2015: The 70's + Skinny Scarfs

It's a fashionista's favorite time of year, so I feel like starting this post with "I LOVE FALL" is a bit cliche, but....I do, guys, I do. I'm sure you've read a ton of other blogs extolling the virtues of this season of fashion, so I am gonna try and keep this short and sweet. I want to talk about just two points: textures and thrift-shopping. Ok, first texture. I was thinking about why we all looooooooooooove fall so much, and I came to the conclusion that my own personal love of it is all the textures. Leather, fur, wool, silk, tweed and (especially this fall) suede! The inspiration is endless. My second point, thrift-shopping, is a newer experience to me. My sister got me hooked this summer, and I got a large portion of my fall wardrobe at thrift-stores this year. Maybe it's the whole '70's trend thing, or maybe I have just been missing this hidden gem. My next three posts have been inspired by pieces I've picked up thrifting. The scarf and purse in this outfit are 2 of my finds: the purse was $15 and the scarf was only $4!  How late am I to this party? Do you guys thrift?


I fell for the pattern and the color palette of this scarf at first sight, but when I realized it was a skinny scarf, I knew it was fate's way of saying I needed to try this trend out. Bonus: it's real silk!




This purse was one of my first fall purchases. I loved the color, and the 70's shape. The embossed edge detailing feels really luxe. 


Dress: Target (old)(cute)(also cute). Vest: Sirens (similar). Boots: Aldo (old)(similar + similar). Purse: thrifted (similar w/ great texture). Scarf: thrifted (similar).




No comments:

Post a Comment