Friday 16 October 2015

Graphic Suede

Hey guys! We've been lucky out here on the west coast of Canada - we have been having some really fabulous fall weather. When the conditions are right (mid day + direct sun) you can even get away with wearing a t-shirt like I did here.  So remember in my last blog post when I mentioned that I had found some great fall finds at the thriftstore? Yah, this skirt is one of them. I don't know if you can tell from the photos but it's suede - a huge trend for this season. I think the color really makes this piece stand out for me. Instead of a traditional neutral (black, camel) this shade let me take the suede in a different direction. I took a graphic approach with this particular look and I loved it! For the cooler weather I am thinking a black turtle neck and over-sized scarf if I want to play up another graphic look. If I am having a preppy day, I might pair it with a blue and white striped top and denim jacket. I love all the possibilities. Oh and did I mention it was only $17 and real suede? Well...now I did! Hahaha.






Skirt: Thrifted (similar + cute + cute) T-shirt: Sincerely, Jules (old) ( fan of this one + this one). Vest: Sirens (similar). Shoes: Steve Madden. Purse: Chapters (old) (similar).

2 comments:

  1. This skirt is amazing! I love the vibrant red and the fact that it's suede. For a while I was into thrifting, and then I stopped - you inspire me to get started again!
    Also, your hair game is on point, love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hair love friend! The best part...it was soooooooooooooo easy! :)

      Delete